Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Military Retiree's and our wonderfull government

According to http://www.military.com/military-report/tricare-fee-bill-needs-support?ESRC=miltrep.nl

TRICARE Fee Bill Needs Support

The Military Retirees' Health Care Protection Act (H.R. 816) which would bar the Defense Department from unilaterally increasing military TRICARE enrollment fees, co payments, and other fees, was reintroduced last week in the House. Under their legislation, only Congress would have that authority to make increases in TRICARE related fees. Congress has rejected repeated Pentagon proposals to double or triple TRICARE fees for retirees under age 65 and increase pharmacy co pays for all beneficiaries who purchase medications through TRICARE's retail or mail-order pharmacy systems. The Military Officers Association of America (MOAA) and The Military Coalition strongly endorse H.R. 816 and urge you to contact your U.S. representative to sign on as a cosponsor of this important legislation.

More retirees sound off.
http://www.military.com/opinion/0,15202,183138,00.html?ESRC=retirees.nl

Isn't it wonderful how our government takes care of it's vets?! I thought health care, according to President Obama, was a right? If it is a right, then why are our vets paying a dime? I go tot eh VA hospital and I can be seen for free. FOR SERVICE CONNECTED DISABILITIES. And yes I have a few, even though I get benefits in my retirement due to my dis-ability, I still get the run around. If anyone deserves QUALITY health care free, it would seem to me it would be our veterans. Understand, I am one. I have no issues paying for my health care under the current retiree plan but if they believe raising the cost of my plan will help anyone out, they are WRONG! The administrative cost incured simply by raising my rates will offset the money they are making in my raised rates!

No comments:

Post a Comment