Friday, February 20, 2009

Is anyone out there?

I'm not going to post a link so you can watch Rick Santelli blast the administration about the stimulus package. If you want to watch it, go to youtube.com. Instead what I will offer is a question. Is anybody listening to him? Is anyone in Washington listening to him? Is anyone listening to us?

As Mr. Santelli said, is the President listening? It seems that a vast majority of America does not want the home mortgage bailout. I would be willing to guesstimate that 85% of America is paying their mortgage. Some may have a couple jobs in order to pay it, but they pay it. They save and sacrifice in order to do so. They didn't look at it as an investment. Instead for them it was a part of the American dream. It was a place to have a family in someday. I would also be willing to guess that 5%-10% of the people did not get into a mortgage that was more than they could afford through stupidity. Maybe they didn't ask enough questions as they were signing mortgage paperwork. Who knows, but their lack of foresight and knowledge on mortgages is not my problem. I do NOT want to pay their mortgage as well as mine! I don't want to be penalized for being successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment