Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Jenkintown, Pa TEA Party update

What an absolutely fantastic two hours!! IT was raining and cold and windy and at one point we had about 30-40 people standing around Congresswoman Allyson Schwartz's office or just down the street. We had old folks and young folks. We had Democrats and Republicans. We all had one thing in common. Frustration with our current tax system, code and tax levels.
We had people honking at us, both supporting and not supporting us. Many people, we could tell as they drove by slowly, were reading signs.
At one point I had a gentleman stop and talk to me about taxes and why we were out. We had points we agreed on and some we didn't. But we kept the discussion on point and civil. No accusations at any one party. We agreed that Congress is spending out of control and in the wrong places. We did not agree on ALL the places they spend as being wrong, but on some we did agree.
Bottom line, it was a fantastic afternoon spent exercising my right to free speech and to assemble in peace. I made some great friends and memories.

The gathering made me realize that the men and women wearing the uniform, supporting and defending our Constitution, are the reason I and my new friends, can do what we did. To all of you, where ever you are, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment